Lookup Arrests and Wanted Persons in the City of Sweeny, Texas. Results Include: Arrest Records, Warrants, Mugshot, Type of Crime, Warrant Number, Bond Amount, Race, DOB, Eyes, Height, Weight, Sex, Age, Hair.
Sweeny Texas Overview
Sweeny Texas has a population of 3,684 as of the 2010 census. The mayor as of 2017 is Dale Lemon.
Mayor’s Email Address (office): firstname.lastname@example.org
Sweeny Full-time law enforcement employees in recent years, including Police Officers and Civilians: 7
Officers per 1,000 residents here: 3.0
Texas average: 3.0
National Average: 3.3
Sweeny Texas Police Station Information
In Sweeny, the overall crime rate is 21% lower than the national average with 6.16 crimes occurring daily in every 100,000 residents. In the city, one has a 1 in 45 chance of being a victim of any form of crime. The average year over year crimes in Sweeny has decreased by 29%. Sweeny is safer than 50% of the cities in the United States. Some of the safest Sweeny neighborhoods include Jones Creek, TX, Van Vleck, TX, Brazoria, TX, Wild Peach Village, TX, Lake Jackson, TX, etc.
The Sweeny Police Department is serving about 3,500 citizens with a relatively small force (7 Police Officers and Civilians) and they are working to prevent crime, enforce the law and ensure public safety around the city. John Barnard is the current Chief of Police. The contact detail of John Barnard is given below:
Email (office): email@example.com
Sweeny Police Department Address: 123 N Oak St, Sweeny, TX 77480.
Ph: +1 979-548-3111
Sweeny uses the Sweeny TX Police Jail which is considered to have the medium capacity and it is a Municipal/Police Jail facility and the building is used by an entire police force who operate in there, so the security of that building is pretty high.
The Sweeny TX Police has an official facebook page which can be used for getting useful information using social media.
Sweeny Police Department – Sweeny, TX
Address: 111 W 3rd St
Zip Code: 77480-2445
County: Brazoria County
Phone : 979-548-3111
Additional Information: Type: Police Departments
Population Served: 5000
Number of Officers: 9
Lookup Warrants in Sweeny Texas
The Sweeny Municipal Court is responsible for issuing of a warrant in the city. To check if you have an outstanding warrant, it is advisable that you visit the Sweeny Municipal Court in person at 102 W. Ashley Wilson Road, Sweeny, TX 77480.
Phone: (979) 548-3325
Fax: (979) 548-7745
How Does Bail Work In Texas?
When a person is arrested and charged for a crime/wrongdoing in Texas, usually the subject is taken to a nearby police station or county jail for booking, before imprisonment. Traditionally, bail is some form of property, usually in the form of cash or cash substitute, deposited or sworn to a court to persuade the release of a suspect from jail, on the understanding that the suspect will return for trial or forfeit the bail. This property is held by the court till all the trial proceedings are over, meaning a judge or jury has ruled on the case.
It’s a judge’s job to set bail. Because many people want to get out of jail immediately (instead of waiting for a day or longer to see a judge), most jails have standard bail schedules that stipulate bail amounts for common crimes. The accused person can often get out of jail that day or soon after by paying the amount set forth in the courthouse bail schedule.
Where does the cash put up for bail go after the bond is posted?
Cash is retained at the courthouse until the defendant’s case is disposed and/or the bond is exonerated. The Court will refund the bond posted within two-four weeks after exoneration. Sometimes the defendant will ask the judge to exonerate the bond each time they attend a hearing. The Court is forced to make a minute entry and address the bond issue when it is discussed. Frequently, bond exoneration is not mentioned by the defendant and days or weeks may pass before the Court Clerk asks the Judge what he/she wants to do with the bond.
What does it mean if a Defendant’s bond is forfeited, also referred to as estreated and what does this mean?
A judge can and will most likely forfeit or estreat the bond when the Defendant fails to appear for their court date. Once the bond is forfeited, this is an order of the respective court which directs the Bail Agent to either apprehend and surrender the Defendant to the jurisdiction of the court or for the Bail Agent to pay the total sum of the bond that has been posted on the Defendant’s behalf. Keep in mind that strict timelines determine the length of time from when the judge forfeited or estreated the bond until the day the agent must return the Defendant to custody or pay the forfeiture.
What is an indemnitor or co-signer?
An indemnitor or co-signer is someone who agrees to be financially responsible for the full amount of the bail bond in the event that the defendant fails to appear in court when the judge orders them too and cannot return to court. An indemnitor is responsible for paying any bail bond costs incurred as a result of the defendant skipping a court ordered appearance. If there is more than one indemnitor on a bail bond, the liability is split 50-50. This means the bond amount and fees could be collected from one or both of the individuals.
Sweeny Police Station Address: 123 N Oak St, Sweeny, TX 77480, United States
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting or Staying in this Facility